Paper Shooters Launches Website January 30! (Paper shooting blasters)
Vas The Stampede
Paper Shooters is back, and this time, with funding. After a couple attempts at crowdsourcing, the product is ready to roll out and take orders! Featuring a familiar “paper ammo” (a la Max Force, if anyone remembers), these blasters are different for a few reasons:
+ A trigger!
+ Instead of buying more ammo, the product is supposed to include a mold that people can make their own out of normal paper (which then gets loaded into a shell, that loads in to the magazine, that loads into the blasters.)
+ A trigger!
+ Customization is something encouraged with these blasters as well. Make your ammo, build your own blaster (it starts out as a construction kit, from what I understand), and the game is yours.
+Nerf designers are part of the team working on this line.
Some things about this release that make me a bit nervous –
– The cost. Between $35 & $49.
– The Clan App gets used on a wristmounted smartphone? Hrm.
– Accuracy of the paper wads
– Using paper wads! They got messy before, and I can see loading each individually into a separate shell being time consuming.
– Shells/magazines sold separately, I assume. And when I first learned of this blaster, PvP wasn’t a big part of the conception, as I understood it. A Clan App to track stats changes that. But until I try it all out, I can’t say strongly either way if this is a good option for even casual or office wars.
Given the past history with other brands and their mobile apps, I’m a little reserved about that until I see it.
Do I have reservations? Sure. But without the blaster in front of me, I’m at least willing to try it out. New blasters, new companies, new innovations can only help the hobby!